Your Chance to Shape the Future of CW!
Colorado Whitewater is run 100% by volunteers. If you have ideas on how to make the club better, there could be a place for you on the Colorado Whitewater Board of Directors! Monthly board meetings take place the second Wednesday of every month at 455 Sherman Street, Denver, CO.
Our board elections take place at the Annual Fall Dinner in October/November in the Denver-metro area, and this could be a chance for you to give back to the club. Below is a list of the board positions along with a brief description. Please give serious consideration to serving on our board and shaping the future of Colorado Whitewater. If interested, please contact the President of the board.
- General oversight of all aspects of the club and conducting monthly board meetings.
- Responsible for taking over for the President in his/her absence at the monthly board meetings and other miscellaneous duties.
- General oversight of the financial status of the club, monitoring accounts receivable/accounts payable as well as issuing checks for club expenses.
- Represents Colorado Whitewater in issues of access and conservation with respect to rivers. Also works with other organizations and events related to whitewater access and conservation.
- Manages the cruise schedule each season and coordinates volunteers to lead river trips for Colorado Whitewater members. Helps promote cruises as needed.
- Coordinates and promotes the club river events including finding camping locations for a large group, renting port-a-potties when needed, organizing cruise leaders, group potlucks, etc. Colorado Whitewater river events generally consist of Poudre River Weekend, Arkansas River Weekend, and Colorado River Weekend.
- Coordinates and promotes the club non-river events including finding venues, speakers, meals, sponsors, volunteers, etc. Club events generally consist of a Spring Kickoff Movie Night, Spring Dinner, Fall Dinner, and Volunteer Happy Hour but may include other events.
- Creates and advertises the kayak class schedule, arranges pool time for classes, recruits new qualified instructors and organizes instructor ACA training. The Instruction Director is highly encouraged to create sub-committees to help with these tasks.
Insurance - Coordinates the insurance matters for the club events including collection and storage of liability waivers.Legal
- Assists with club matters that implicate or involve certain legal issues.
- Maintains membership records and data on the club website. Welcomes new members with a welcome email, communicates with members regarding lapsed memberships, and helps solicit memberships at club and other events.
Sells Colorado Whitewater merchandise to help promote and market the club at all Colorado Whitewater events (Spring/Fall Dinner, Training Camp, Movie Nights, all river weekends) and other events that Colorado Whitewater is sponsoring. Reaches out to CW members to gain feedback on new items to offer such as t-shirt designs, hats, visors, stickers, beanies, sweatshirts, etc.
- Coordinates the marketing efforts of the club consisting of advertising sales and annual sponsorships, branding, producing print and digital promotional materials, and maintaining partnerships with river festivals and companies.
- Organizes and promotes swiftwater safety courses and CPR/First Aid courses each season.
- Coordinates the monthly board meetings, takes minutes at the meetings, communicates issues back to the board, and manages the general inbox.
- Coordinates and promotes the annual Colorado Whitewater Training Camp event. Duties include arranging camping facility, instructors and volunteers (on- and off-river), river classes schedule, entertainment, and catering.
- Administers the club's website using Wild Apricot Membership Software. Coordinates with all board positions to add events and other information onto the site as needed.
Western Slope - A unique position as this board member must live in the Western Slope. Coordinates and promotes the club with various on- and off-river events and kayak classes to encourage new members.