If you are looking for a way to make a lasting difference in a person's life, Colorado rivers, or the Club itself then consider volunteering with Colorado Whitewater. Throughout the year, we have numerous volunteer opportunities so check back frequently.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Become an ACA-Certified Instructor and Teach Beginner Kayakers
- Colorado Whitewater will pay for you to become an ACA-certified instructor with your commitment of volunteering your time to teach beginner kayakers for the club.
- Contact Dick Alweis for more information.
Help at Colorado Whitewater Events
- Whether it's setting up or checking people in, soliciting companies for raffle donations or selling raffle tickets at the event, setting up audio equipment or cleaning up at the end, we're always looking for volunteers to help at our CW events - Spring Kickoff/Movie Night, Spring Dinner, Training Camp, Golden Committee Rodeo Series, Fall Dinner, and Bailey Fest.
- Attend meetings such as American Whitewater boater meetings to help define and protect recreational areas
- Participate in river cleanups such as the annual South Platte River Cleanup in April.
- Understand your rights to float rivers flowing through private lands, boaters' rights to run a river during high water periods, appropriation of water for whitewater parks, government regulations to control use levels, and the more traditional problem of finding legal launches.
Spread the Word
- You can help CW by promoting our instructional classes, safety classes, training camp, movie night, or Spring and Fall dinners.
- Print flyers (email Jodi Lee for flyers) and post at work, your health club, or a relevant bulletin board—wherever you think interested people will see it!
- Comment or share CW Facebook posts to help spread our messages to a broader audience.
- Comment on CW posts on Mountainbuzz.com to help spread our messages to other paddlers.
- Spread the word to all of your friends and family about the sport of kayaking and encourage them to join Colorado Whitewater. You'd be surprised how many would love to get involved in the sport but don't know where to start.
- From time-to-time, CW sponsors whitewater festivals and events and has a tent set up at the events to gain publicity. We need volunteers to help manage the tent at these events—set up and take down tent, pass out brochures and flyers, answer questions about the Club, and get people interested in kayaking.
- If you're interested in helping out at this year's events: DRE Raftopia (April), CKS PaddleFest (May), Lyons Outdoor Games (May), Golden Rodeo Series (June), FIBArk (June), Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival (June), and BaileyFest (August), contact Jodi Lee.
If you have any questions in regards to these opportunities please contact Jodi Lee, Publicity/Advertising Director (search for contact information under Members Directory).